Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 2...stupid question. Onto Day 3...

2 - Most recent person you started following on Tumblr and why--
um yeah no.

3 - Last movie you saw and your thoughts on it
- last movie I saw in the theater was either True Grit (meh), Battle LA (pointless blow-em-up, just what I wanted!!), or Jackass 3-D (whoo!). Last movie I saw at home was Black Swan which I thought was a ridiculous waste of $1.08 at the redbox. I really don't see what all the hub-bub was about.

I thought the story was very very meh, to the point of being riduculously meh. the acting was totally meh and I wondered why natalie portman looked so fucking constipated for 2 hours. The hot chick-on-chick scene? Helloooo...I've seen more pink on a Cinemax movie. Overall, I was hardly impressed and felt embarassed that I had begged M to watch it with me. I'd have much rather watched some straight-to-netflix garbage, at least then I know it's garbage instead of garbage being passed off as a cinematic masterpiece

My favourite movie is probably "Wicker Man", (1974 version). What an excellent movie. I first saw it when I was maybe 10 or 12, and thought it was so odd then. Never saw it again until just a few years ago when it was on TMC. M and I had seen the horrible one with Nicholas Cage when it came out....what a wreck of a movie THAT was....

anyways, so much was changed in the Nicholas Cage one that I knew they would change the ending...I told M that if they changed the ending, I would punch myself in the face until I died. Thankfully, they didn't change the ending, but even that little nugget of happiness didn't make the movie watchable (note, in the original WM, there is no scene of someone in a bear costume being punched in the face).


No comments:

Post a Comment